Monday 25 July 2011

Thing 7 Face-to-face networks and professional organisations

I have just spotted Thing 9 is already showing so once again I am behind. I can't believe how fast the days are flying be. With days off holiday and still doing the stocktake the time is just speeding past me.

Unfortuntaly I couldn't make it to any of the face-to-face events, with having a 14 month old my time on an evening is very limited not to mention the childcare issue!

I am a member of CILIP and I have found it very useful. I have to say that I haven't been as involved as I could have been as I haven't been to any of CILIP's meetings or conferences or any of the career development group informal events. I did achieve my certification ACLIP status and it was great to share experiences and information with my mentor. Being a member of CILIP I also love recieveing emails with current events and news to do with Libraries as well as reading literature that comes in the post. I find it fascinating reading about what others in the profession are doing and the challenges faced.

No comments:

Post a Comment