Thursday 14 July 2011

Thing 4 pt 2 - RSS & Pushnote

Well I have set up some RSS feeds through Google Reader and can see that it will actually be quite a vauable tool rather than having to keep checking each individual site for updates! Anything that saves time sounds good to me.

Pushnote on the other hand I can't really see me using. Working in a College with lots of subject specific Learning Resource Centres and no dediacted desk of my own means that I move about a lot and spend time at any of about 15 computers during a week. From what I can see of Pushnote it is something that I would need to set up as a toolbar for each individual computer (unless I have misunderstood how it works). I think I would prefer to use blogs and twitter as a way to see what sites people would recommend and what people think of them. To me this sounds like more of a novelty than something I would use indefinitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment