Friday 22 July 2011

Thing 6 - Online Networks

Well I've set up a LinkdIn account, put a photo on and entered some imformation but I haven't had chance to do much with it yet. My work schedule is incredibly hectic at the moment as we are doing our annual stocktake, some room changes, textbook processing as well as the usual preparations for inductions for September's intake of students. I am having chance to have a quick look at each thing and then hopefully if things quieten down in a few weeks I'll be able to revisit them and have a more in depth look.

Facebook I use primarily for friends and family although I am a 'liker' of the CILIP page and now the '23 things' page. I do check Facebook quite regularly so will be good to have updates through Facebook as well.

I have registered for a LISNPN account but I'm having some probelsm setting up my profile. For some reason I can't add a photo or information about me as I keep getting 'error on page'. I'll go back to it hopefully next week and see if I get any more luck then.

I have decided not to look at the LAT network as it is not an area that I am currently involved in. I do inductions which tend to be more informal and I may be doing some user education sessions in the future but I will look into that when I have a little more time.

I am already a member of CILIP and registered online and I do check information on there quite regularly, especially when I was completing my certification of CILIP. I do find that it is full of useful information.

To sum up thing 6 I feel like I haven't had much time to devote to each area as I would have liked. I think a lot of these things do seem to take time to use and get to know to find out what they can do and with my current workload I just don't have time to do that. I will be carrying on with the things though as I am finding it useful to look at things I've not heard about or used before and some things do make life easier. I have found that I am spending so much time creating new accounts for different networks and will never have time to check them all. But it is is good to know what is out there!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean - the Things seem to be getting bigger!

    ReplyDelete