Friday 15 July 2011

Reflective practice part 2

Ok, well I've reflected on the process of being reflective. Now to reflect on the CPD23 so far.

So what have I done so far? I have learnt about blogging, set one up and started posting. I have revisited Twitter, found some people to follow and have been checking it to see updates on developments in the inforation world. I have set up RSS feeds so that I don't have to trawl thorugh lots of sites to see if anything has changed. I have looked at Pushnote and decided not to use it as not practical. Quite a lot to say I only made a start on the CPD23 this week!

So far I have found it extremely valuable. It has been great to read what others have experienced and have a commom goal with so many other like minded people. I have learnt several new skills and feel part of a community.

At the same time not everything is going to go well. I found Pushnote to be not really suitable as I'm never at the same desk for long and I use internet explorer more often than not. So far I have managed to achieve a lot this week yet the next few weeks may be more difficult as we come up to summer with no students which means stocktake, room changes, new shelving and furniture, preparation for inductions and loads more.

So what am I going to do with what I have learnt? I am going to carry on blogging even after completing (hopefully) all 23 things. I'm hoping to do my PGDip from September so I think it will be an excellent way to reflect on what I have done and make sense of it. I'm also going to try and keep up with Twitter and the RSS feeds as I don't always have time to read up on what is going on in the professional world and these are quick ways of recapping rather than trawling through lots of different sources.

So thanks CPD23 and here's to the next 18 things!

No comments:

Post a Comment