Friday 15 July 2011

Thing 5 - Reflective practice

I find reflective practice a difficult one. For some things I find reflection comes easy, then at other times I feel I am just writing a descriptive narrative and not really analysing it properly.

To some extent I feel like I naturally 'reflect' on things that I do as this is how I have always done things. I have recently completed my ACLIP and before that an NVQ and in my previous job in a call centre I did qualifications that constantly needed writing about the whats, hows and whys.

CPD is a major point at the College where I work and we have to keep a continuous log of what CPD we have done, what it entailed, what we thought of it and how we will put what we have learnt into practise. I try to do this as soon as I have completed any training as I think it is important to reflect as soon as it is fresh in your mind. Leaving it for a while means that perceptions are changed and you can't remember if you have been affected or how you did want to put something to good use!

No comments:

Post a Comment