Wednesday 13 July 2011

KAF's CPD23 Things

I have decided to have a go at Cilip's Professional Development '23 things' to try and learn something new. I have never written a blog before so this is all new to me!

My current role is as a Library and LRC Assistant at a Further Education College 4 days a week. I love my job and I'm always on the lookout for ways to expand my knowledge and learn new things. I am I suppose a lifelong student with a thirst for knowledge. I have only worked in Libraries for almost 6 years but I find the information world fascinating and it amazes me how technology changes how we work and how information is available.

Over the past few years I have completed an NVQ L2 in Information and Library Services and achieved Ceritification (ACLIP) status. The last couple of years I have taken a bit of a developmental break while I had my daughter but I am now ready to take on the next challenge! As well as '23 Things' I am also applying to do a Post Graduate Diploma at Northumbria University in information and Library Management. I sent my application off only a couple of weeks ago so I am waiting to hear if I have a place on the course and if my employer will be a sponsor to help with tuition fees. How I am going to fit in working 30+ hours per week, looking after my daughter, husband, house and studying I don't know; but like I said I like a challenge!

In taking part in the '23 Things' CPD I am hoping to find out a bit more about using different online tools to engage in the world of information outside of the College I work in. I hope it will give me a chance to evaluate and reflect myself as an information professional and help me work out which direction to go in after I complete my next qualification. I am also looking forward to reading everyone else's blogs and being involved in a 'network'. I do class myself as quite shy so I don't know if this will help me overcome that.

1 comment:

  1. Hello :)

    Just thought I would say hello - I also work in a FE college so it's always nice to hear about others in the same situation. Your blog looks great - good luck with the cpd programme :)

    Lorna

    ReplyDelete