Wednesday 17 August 2011

Thing 13

Well I've had a look at Google Docs and it does look quite interesting. From the perspective of the College where I work we have a shared network drive so any documents relating to projects or other work are stored there and can be accessed and edited by the full Library team. So I couldn't see me really needing this kind of thing at College. We also have a VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) called Moodle and we use that to store documents, leaflets, induction material etc and we also all have access to that.

It is interesting to see the potential for projects outside of College though and that if I were working on something I could work on it with other people without sending emails back and forth and getting confused as to which version I was ctaully working on. Something I will definitely keep in mind for the future.

Dropbox on the other hand looks a little bit more confusing yet does the same thing. I have decided not to set up an account yet as I am limited for time and I will revisit it if I have time at a later date.

Wiki's I also find look interesting but again working within a College environment I feel that our Moodle does just a good a job in storing documents and information.

No comments:

Post a Comment