Monday 8 August 2011

Thing 9 - Evernote

Well I have just installed Evernote and had a play around with it and I can see that it could be quite useful. We are in the process where I work of upgrading to Windows 7 and Office 2010 and I had been looking at OneNote and how usefil it can be in storing notes and ideas. I like the way that EverNote can store photos and anything else and that you can use it on whatever computer or mobile device you are using as it updates and shares from the internet. The only plus point I can see for OneNote over Evernote is that you can add in dates and appointments and they will automatically link to my Outlook calendar rather tham having to go to two seperate places to type up, for example meeting notes. I haven't been able to see that you can link Evernote to a calendar, although you probably can on the premium version if paid for.

As I am hoping to start a PostGraduate diploma in September this would be a really useful tool for storing all of my notes and research so that I have access to it where ever I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment